|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
Super healthy, incredibly tasty Roasted Asparagus with Pistachio Pesto. The pesto is amazing, wait till you make that... YUM!!
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Put the sheet tray into the oven to preheat for at least 5 minutes. You want it screaming hot!
- Toss the asparagus in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Quickly (and carefully) take the hot pan from the oven and toss the oiled asparagus onto it. Spread them out evenly in a single layer and return to the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- While the asparagus is in the oven, throw all the ingredients into your food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped and mixed well.
- Take the asparagus out of the oven and top with the pesto. Serve piping hot or at room temp.
Notes: Snap the bottom of your asparagus off by hand; the asparagus will naturally break where the tough bottom ends and the tender veggie begins.
Try walnuts instead of pistachios for a nuttier flavor, or go traditional with pine nuts. If you have allergies, omit the nuts all together and add a little Parmesan cheese. If you don't have a food processor, chop the nuts and herbs by hand and stir it all together in a bowl.Recipe by: Chef Ryan Scott