|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
Tender potatoes in a rich and creamy peanut sauce - this was one of the local Rwandan dishes I made with Chef Moise and it was DELISH!
¼ cup olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
½ large zucchini, diced
1 tomato, diced
7 cloves garlic, minced
2 lbs (about 6 large) red potatoes, peeled and diced
2 ½ cups vegetable stock
½ cup tomato puree
1 cup ground peanuts
¼ cup thinly sliced leeks
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and sauté the onions until softened.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots, and zucchini and continue sautéing for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, vegetable stock, and tomato puree and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the ground peanuts, season with salt and pepper, and add the leeks.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve!