|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 35 mins|
Kalbi beef short ribs in a poke bowl makes for incredible flavor! Not into the Beef? Try chicken instead! With an abundance of topping options, the delicious possibilities are endless!
2 cups fresh edamame
1 tsp butter
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 pinch brown sugar
2 Ahi tuna filets
2 tsp sesame oil
1 pinch salt and pepper
Chicken or Beef
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lb kalbi beef (short rib)
1 zucchini, cut into large pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into large pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
1 red onion, cut into large pieces
½ cup thinly sliced Maui sweet onion
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
2 tbsp marinade (above)
Toppings & Assembly
1 cucumber, thinly sliced and seasoned with salt, pepper, and lime juice
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
Minced jalapeño, serrano, and cilantro (mixed together)
Shredded carrot and daikon radish (about 1-2 each) seasoned with rice vinegar, lime juice, salt, and pepper
Cooked short grain rice
- To prepare the edamame appetizer, steam the edamame for about 5 minutes (10 minutes for frozen) and toss with the butter, minced garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and salt. Enjoy while preparing the remaining ingredients for the poke bowls!
- For the tuna, season the tuna filets with salt, pepper, and sesame oil. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Slice thinly and garnish with cilantro and thinly sliced scallions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, grated ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice, cane sugar, and maple syrup.
- Toss the thinly sliced Maui sweet onion and red onion with about 2 tbsp of the marinade. Set aside.
- Use about half of the remaining marinade for the vegetables and half for the chicken and beef.
- Grill the vegetables for about 2-3 minutes per side, until tender.
- Grill the chicken breasts and/or beef until cooked through.
- Heat the marinades separately on the stove. Pour the vegetable marinade over the cooked vegetables.
- Whisk the cornstarch and white wine together until smooth and add to the meat marinade. Simmer until thickened and serve over the chicken and/or beef.
- To assemble, start with a bowl of rice.
- Add your protein(s) of choice.
- Top with whatever toppings you desire and enjoy!