|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 2 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 2 hrs 15 mins|
Warm your belly up with this Fall Pork Tenderloin Stew aka Piggy Stew! Hearty mix of vegetables, sweet potatoes and herbs. You'll want to make this for the family and there are leftovers!
½ lb Pork Tenderloin - Diced into cubes
4 tbsp Bone Suckin' Sauce Seasoning & Rub
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion diced
½ tsp rosemary
½ tsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup sweet potatoes peeled and diced
1 cup mushrooms sliced
1 cup snap peas
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup white wine
1 cup tomatoes chopped or canned
- Rub meat first with whatever spices you like - I used Bone Suckin' Sauce Seasoning & Rub + some cracked pepper.
- Then in a large pot or dutch oven, brown pork with onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add broth, wine, tomatoes, and spices to pot with pork mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour (or until pork is tender).
- Add sweet potatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove lid and stir in peas. Thicken if desired with cornstarch mixture (combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in separate bowl).
- Simmer an additional 10 minutes uncovered.