|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
2 tbsp butter
1 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cups risotto (short grain) rice
1 cup dry white wine (such as Chablis)
16 oz chicken broth
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
2 large saucepans
- Melt about 1 tbsp. butter in one of the pans then add the mushrooms and let them cook.
- In a separate pan, melt the remaining butter and sauté the onion until softened and lightly brown.
- Add the rice to the onions and sauté for a few minutes.
- Pour in wine and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in about half of the chicken broth.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes, continually stirring and adding more of the chicken broth as the rice soaks it up.
- Remove from heat, stir in the sautéed mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!