|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
1 lb 80/20 ground beef
Maldon flaked sea salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
Sliced American cheese
1 sweet yellow onion (Vidalia, if you can find it), sliced paper thin
Mayonnaise, for serving
Optional Burger Toppings
Bacon slices (highly recommended)
1 bag frozen tater tots
1 (15 oz) can Hormel no bean chili
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (can use nacho cheese also!)
¼ cup diced white onion
Pickled jalapeños, for garnish
Ranch dressing, for drizzling
Cast iron skillet
- Loosely form the ground beef into balls using a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle or large cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Lightly toast the Brioche buns and spread with a thin layer mayo.
- Generously coat the griddle/pan with butter.
- Place the ground beef balls, salt and pepper side down, onto the hot pan and top with a ton of sliced onions.
- Smash the hell out of each ball, using a sturdy metal spatula, until the onions are distributed throughout. Let cook for about 1 minute.
- Flip, add sliced cheese and the top bun. Once the cheese has melted, remove from the pan and place on the bottom bun.
- Add your desired toppings and dig in!
- For the extreme tots, cook your tater tots in an air fryer (desired method) or oven according to the package instructions.
- While the tots cook, heat the Hormel chili on the stovetop until simmering.
- When the tots are done, arrange on a large serving platter and top with the chili.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and onions over the top.
- Garnish with jalapeños and drizzle with ranch dressing.