|YIELDS: 24 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 1 hr 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 40 mins|
Sweet and simple mochi cake flavored with coconut and vanilla. Rice flour gives this cake a fluffy, springy texture unlike anything you've had before! It's crazy good!
3 ½ cups sweet rice flour
1 ¾ cups white sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp coconut extract
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups milk
1 ¾ cups canned coconut milk (14 oz can)
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 13" baking pan.
- Whisk together the rice flour, sugar, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut extract, and vanilla extract until smooth, then add the milk, coconut milk, and melted butter and whisk until incorporated.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the egg mixture about 1/3 at a time. Mix until no lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, until the mochi is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing into 24 pieces and serving.