|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 12 mins||TOTAL TIME: 17 mins|
McCormick Italian Seasoning
McCormick Dill Seasoning
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 slices bacon
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
sliced Vermont and sharp cheddar cheese
Sliced heirloom tomatoes
4 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
squeeze of lemon juice, to taste
Cast iron skillet
- Place the ground lamb in a large bowl and season with Italian seasoning, dill seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the lamb into 4 equal parts and press into patties. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and sauté the sliced red onion in the bacon fat. Cook until browned and slightly crisp. Remove from pan.
- Add the burgers to the pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, or until desired level doneness is achieved. After the first flip, top with a slice or two of cheese.
- While the burgers cook, whip up a simple aioli by whisking together the mayo, Dijon mustard, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Toast the brioche buns, if desired, and spread on some of the aioli.
- When the burgers are done, place on the bottom half of a brioche bun and top with the fried onions, lettuce, tomato, pickles and bacon. Enjoy!