|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 12 mins||TOTAL TIME: 17 mins|
This Mango Sticky Rice is a traditional South Asian dessert and is perfect for summertime, when mangoes are ripe and abundant. The combination of sweet mango and creamy coconut milk is so delicious!
½ cup coconut milk
1-2 tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
1 pandan leaf (can be found at most International markets or substitute a halved vanilla bean)
2 oz steamed sticky rice
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
1 tsp deep fried mung bean seeds or toasted sesame seeds
- In a medium saucepan, boil the coconut milk with the pandan leaf (or vanilla bean) for a couple of minutes. Season with salt.
- Remove 2 tbsp of the coconut milk from the pan and set aside.
- Add the sugar to the coconut milk and stir until dissolved.
- Add the sticky rice into the coconut milk and stir until it has absorbed most of the milk. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- To serve, scoop the rice onto plates, pour the reserved coconut milk over the top, and garnish with mung bean or sesame seeds. Serve the sliced mango alongside the rice.