|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 3 mins||COOK TIME: 12 mins||TOTAL TIME: 15 mins|
Perfectly cooked mahi mahi (or whatever fresh fish you can find) served with a lemon garlic sauce that requires just a few simple ingredients but adds a powerful punch of flavor!
2 mahi mahi filets (or the freshest fish you can find)
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon Garlic Sauce
2 tbsp salted butter
1 tbsp chopped chives
2 tbsp minced garlic
⅛ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron or oven-proof pan over medium-high heat. Pat the fish filets dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown the filets for about 2-3 minutes on each side then transfer to the preheated oven and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- For the lemon garlic sauce, combine all ingredients for the lemon garlic sauce in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter melts.
- Simmer for about 1 minute, until reduced slightly.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve!