|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
1 lb ground lamb
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp coconut oil
6 brioche hotdog buns (I used jicama wraps for a gluten-free version)
BBQ sauce (I used Red Duck)
Banana pepper rings
- Combine the ground lamb and seasonings in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture by the rounded tablespoonful (you don't want them too big) and shape into balls.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat (stovetop or on the grill).
- Cook the meatballs, turning often, until browned on all sides. (If using a grill, you can finish them off on the grill for a little extra flavor.)
- Toast your brioche hotdog buns then spread a bit of mayo on them. Add some mustard, BBQ sauce, banana pepper rings, and sliced mozzarella.
- Top each roll with three meatballs and finish with a generous drizzle of Wenzel sauce.