|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp finely chopped thyme
½ cup coarsely chopped rosemary
½ cup olive oil
1 habanero pepper, seeds and stems removed, finely chopped (optional)
2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1" cubes
½ tsp black pepper
2 ½ tsp salt
Parmesan Yogurt Sauce
1 ¼ cups plain, whole milk yogurt
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup finely chopped basil
½ tsp cumin
½ garlic clove, grated
- Combine the onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, oil, and habanero (if using) in a large bowl.
- Season the lamb cubes with the black pepper and 2 tsp of salt. Add to the onion mixture and mix until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Lightly oil grill or grill pan and preheat to medium.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, parmesan cheese, basil, cumin, grated garlic, and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Thread the marinated lamb cubes onto 12 skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them beforehand).
- Grill the skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side, until the meat is evenly cooked and slightly charred.
- Serve with the parmesan-yogurt sauce and enjoy!