|YIELDS: 6 Servings
||PREP TIME: 10 mins
||COOK TIME: 0 mins
||TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
2 bunches kale
4 ½ tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the kale and pat dry.
- Lay the leaves flat and remove the ribs and stems using a sharp knife.
- Stack a few kale leaves on top of each other and slice crosswise into pieces about 1/2" wide.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and set aside.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, peel and dice the shallot. Place in a small bowl.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon to the shallot. (Be sure to remove the seeds.)
- Add a few grinds of black pepper (about 5 twists on a grinder) and a pinch of salt.
- Slowly whisk the olive oil into the shallot mixture.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the kale and lightly toss until the kale is well coated.
- Add in some other goodies, if desired. (Toasted pine nuts, almonds, ricotta salata cheese, grated parmesan and dried cranberries are all great choices.)
- Serve and enjoy alongside your favorite main dish.