|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
This chicken tortilla soup is just spicy enough to keep you coming back for more. The flavors are tremendous, plus cooking it in an Instant Pot makes it SUPER EASY! This is your new go to!
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
14.5 oz roasted diced tomatoes
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
15 oz black beans
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 lb chicken breast
15 oz canned corn, drained
4 oz mild fire roasted diced green chiles
15 oz red enchilada sauce
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot insert and turn on sauté function. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened. Turn off Instant Pot. Stir in the minced garlic.
- Add the diced green chiles, fire roasted diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, black beans and chicken broth. Stir well. Nestle the chicken into the mixture.
- Place the lid on and set it to the closed position. Turn the steam valve to the sealing position.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual/pressure cook, high pressure, for 9 minutes. When the cook time is done, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes (this means just leave the Instant Pot alone for 10 minutes). Then, carefully turn the steam valve to the venting position to release the remaining pressure. I usually do this with the handle of a long spoon.
- When the float valve drops down, the pressure has been released and it is safe to open your instant pot. Carefully remove the lid. Remove the chicken and shred. (This can be done in a bowl with two forks or even in your stand mixer
- Return the shredded chicken back to the pot and stir in the corn. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with toppings as desired.