|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
Homemade Orange Chicken in less time than it takes to get takeout! Juicy chunks of chicken in a sweet and tangy sauce done in the Instant Pot for quick and easy cleanup. The whole family will love this one!
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup orange juice (100% juice, no sugar added)
1 tbsp grated ginger
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
½ cup tomato sauce (optional - adds tanginess and balances out the sweetness)
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup light soy sauce
1 tbsp sriracha (adjust to taste)
Zest of 1 orange
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp orange juice
4 green onions, sliced (garnish)
Orange zest (garnish)
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Once hot, add the vegetable oil and sauté the chicken for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Deglaze with 1/4 cup orange juice, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Turn off sauté mode.
- Add the remaining orange juice, minced ginger, garlic, rice wine vinegar, tomato sauce (if using), sugar, brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, and orange zest. Stir until well combined.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 10 minutes after cooking then open the vent to allow any remaining steam out.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté mode on low. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tbsp orange juice until smooth.
- Add mixture to the Instant Pot and stir until well combined. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and let stand for 5-7 minutes to thicken even more.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sliced green onions and orange zest. Enjoy!