INSTANT POT CORNED BEEF BRISKET AND CABBAGE
|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 1 hr 33 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 43 mins|
Corned beef and cabbage cooked in a fraction of the time thanks to the Instant Pot. This is the most tender, juicy, flavorful corned beef you've ever had!
3 lbs corned beef brisket
6 cloves garlic, peeled
1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered
1 tbsp pickling spices
2 cups beef stock or beer
2 cups water
3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
6 red potatoes, quartered
1 head cabbage, roughly chopped
- Place the garlic, onion, and corned beef brisket (fat side down) into the Instant Pot.
- Put pickling spice in a spice bag or coffee filter, tie it up tight, and place inside the instant pot. Pour in the beef stock (or beer) and water.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure that the vent is sealed.
- Cook on high pressure for 90 minutes, then let stand for 15 minutes before releasing the pressure.
- Remove the corned beef from the Instant Pot and cover loosely with foil.
- Throw in the potatoes, carrots, and cabbage and steam for 3 minutes.
- Slice the corned beef, serve with the veggies, and enjoy!