YIELDS: 2 Servings
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 17 mins
TOTAL TIME: 27 mins
Sometimes the best recipes are made on the fly! This delicious dish combines yuba sheets (or pasta, if you choose), tons of fresh veggies, and flavorful broth for an Improv Italian Lunch!
Hodo yuba sheets or lasagna noodles
½ yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp Better Than Bouillon vegetable base
2 cups hot water
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup sliced zucchini
1 handful red peppadew peppers
1 splash white wine
Salt and pepper, to taste
Italian seasoning, to taste
Large sauté pan or cast iron skillet
1. Begin by soaking the yuba sheets (if using) in warm water for about 10 minutes. Then remove and cut into strips. (If using lasagna noodles, cook the noodles to al dente, then cut into strips.)
2. Heat a bit of olive oil in a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. 3. Sauté the onion and garlic for about 2 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, and peppadew peppers. Stir in a splash of white wine and season to taste with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Sauté for 5-6 minutes, until the veggies have softened and browned slightly.
5. While the veggies sauté, make 2 cups of broth by mixing the Better Than Bouillon with the hot water.
6. Stir in the broth and the yuba sheets (or lasagna noodles). Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
7. Serve hot and delicious!