|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
Have some leftover white rice and want to turn it into something delicious? Try this authentic Vietnamese recipe for Imperial Fried Rice (Com Hoàng Bào)! Add your favorite grilled meats or veggies and make a meal out of it!
1 cup cooked rice
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp chopped shallot
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Pinch of chicken bouillon
½ tsp black pepper
Wok or cast iron skillet
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the chopped shallot and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the rice and continue cooking over low heat.
- Add the egg and season with salt, pepper, and chicken bouillon. Continue cooking over low heat.
- Flip the rice around in the pan to combine everything.
- Increase heat to high and continue cooking until the rice on the bottom begins to crisp and pop.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.