|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 25 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
This Hungarian Mushroom Soup is sure to warm you up on a cold day! It's hearty, creamy, and gets it's wonderful flavor from sweet Hungarian paprika.
4 tbsp butter
2 cups diced onion
1 lb mushrooms, sliced
2 cups vegetable stock
½ cup dry white wine
2 tsp dried dill
2 tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
2 tsp Sweet Hungarian Paprika
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup whole milk
3 tbsp flour
¼ cup sour cream
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms until the the onions become soft and translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable stock, white wine, dill, thyme, sweet Hungarian paprika, and soy sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and milk until smooth.
- Stir the milk mixture into the soup and continue cooking the soup until it begins to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Once thickened, reduce heat to low and stir in the sour cream and lemon juice.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!