|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 50 mins|
Homemade From Scratch Tacos are so amazingly good and easy to make. From grinding your meat to making your own fresh tortillas... they are simple and tasty!
4 lbs chuck roast
- Cut the chuck roast into 1 inch pieces in place in the freezer for an hour until firm. Make sure all your grinding equipment goes in the freezer as well. Take everything out and grind the Chuck into an ice cold bowl. Everything has to be called for safety and to make sure the fat stays solid. (Alternatively, you can start with ground chuck or beef.)
- To make the tortillas, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, in the bowl of a food processor. Slowly add the oil until it becomes grainy. It should hold the shape when you squeeze it in your hand. Add the water or chicken broth in process for one minute until the dough forms a ball, if it does not form a bowl add 1 tablespoon more broth or water in process until the dough comes together.
- Take out and knead it for one minute. Cut into eight equal pieces and roll them into balls. Using a rolling pin, roll the balls out into seven or eight inch rounds. Place a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Do not add oil. Gently lay the tortillas, two at a time, onto the hot griddle for about a minute aside until brown with tiny black spots. Remove in stack the tortillas and cover them with a dry towel to keep them nice and warm and pliable.
- To make the tacos, warm up a nonstick pan and add 1 tablespoon of neutral oil. Add 1 to 2 pound of fresh ground beef. Begin to sauté the beef, when it begins to brown add some of your taco rub and stir it around. Taste and re-season if necessary. When everything is brown and seasoned to perfection, set aside.
- Take a homemade tortilla, throw on some of that delicious taco meat and top with your favorite salsa or pico de gallo and dig in!