HOMEMADE CINNAMON ICE CREAM
|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 30 mins||COOK TIME: 0 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
Homemade Cinnamon Ice Cream recipe. This is a super simple recipe that is not only wholesome, but tastes incredible. Come check it out!
1 cup whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp cinnamon
¾ cup coconut sugar (or 1/2 cup honey)
Large bowl over an ice bath
Ice cream maker
Instant read thermometer
- Separate the egg yolks and place them in a small bowl.
- Whisk the egg yolks until smooth and set aside.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and toast the cinnamon for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the whole milk and 1 cup of the cream.
- Stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Slowly whisk about half of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks to temper them.
- Pour the warm egg yolk mixture into the saucepan and continue whisking until the mixture reaches about 170°F on an instant read thermometer.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of cream into a large metal bowl and place over another bowl of ice.
- Strain the hot egg yolk mixture through a fine mesh strainer into the bowl with the cream.
- Mix well and transfer to the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Store the finished ice cream in the freezer until ready to serve.