|YIELDS: 1 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
Healthy Huevos Rancheros, gluten-free, vegetarian, and packed with good-for-you ingredients! A classic Mexican breakfast, but they're great for lunch or dinner too!
Plant based shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic (chopped)
½ red onion (finely diced)
1 jalapeño (seeded and chopped)
½ cup crushed tomatoes (canned)
Salt and pepper
Organic egg whites - equal to 2 eggs
½ cup organic refried beans (canned)
2 cassava flour tortillas
½ ripe avocado (sliced and seasoned with salt, pepper and lemon juice)
1 sprig cilantro fresh
- Start by making a quick pickled radish: Thinly slice the radishes and place in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the white vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Once the sugar and salt have dissolved and the vinegar begins to boil, pour the liquid over the sliced radishes and transfer to the refrigerator.
- In a medium, non-stick pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and reduce heat to low. Sauté the onion has softened.
- Add the chopped garlic and half the chopped jalapeños and continue cooking until the edges of veggies begin to brown.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and cook for about one minute. If it feels slightly dry, add a tablespoon of water. Remove from heat.
- Drain and rinse the radishes, then place in a blender or food processor for a few quick pulses.
- Put 1/4 cup of water into a non-stick pan, pour in the egg whites, and cook until firm. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Heat the cassava tortillas and refried beans separately. Heat tortilla directly over gas flame or in a pan with a bit of spray oil. Flip a few times to avoid burning. Sprinkle a handful of cheese directly onto the tortilla and cook for a few seconds, until melted.
- Heat the refried beans in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often.
- To assemble, place a spoonful of hot beans directly onto the cheese tortilla.
- Top with the eggs, salsa, and sliced avocado.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped jalapeño, cilantro leaves and enjoy!