|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
This Healthy Coconut Curry was a hit! Creamy and flavorful, with just the right amount of spice - try it with tofu to make this a satisfying, meat-free meal!
½ lb green beans, cut into 2" pieces
1 tbsp canola oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and pepper
1 ½ tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk
1 cup vegetable stock
⅓ cup lime juice
¼ cup fish sauce
3 tbsp honey
2 lbs protein (extra firm tofu, cooked chicken, cooked prawns, etc.)
6 peppadew peppers, sweet peppers, or cherry tomatoes
Chopped fresh basil
Rice noodles (such as pad Thai noodles)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the green beans for 2-3 minutes then rinse in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and pat dry.
- Heat the canola oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 6-8 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chile, and curry paste. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk, chicken stock, lime juice, fish sauce, and honey. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the protein and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the peppadew peppers and blanched green beans. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the basil, taste, and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the package instructions.
- Add the noodles to a bowl, spoon the curry on top, add a squeeze of lime, and enjoy!