|YIELDS: 3 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 1 hr||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 10 mins|
The best Hawaiian Shoyu Chicken you will ever have. Super simple, tastes amazing and easy to make, even a teenager can whip it up and impress the family!
6 chicken thighs
1 cup soy sauce
¾ cup water
2 tbsp ginger chopped
2 tbsp garlic chopped
¼ cup brown or white sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 onion - sliced
Pinch of chili flakes
Pinch of black pepper
1 tbsp cornstarch, set aside for after chicken is cooked
- Whisk all the ingredient together in a bowl (leave out the cornstarch for later).
- Put the chicken in a baking dish and add all mixture on top of the chicken. Make sure the mixture gets underneath the chicken too.
- Bake 1 hour at 375°F - finish with broil to brown for 3-5 minutes
- Whisk in 1 Tbsp of cornstarch to thicken the sauce
- Serve with fresh chopped green onions and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.