|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 0 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
Chef Wes Hardisty's family recipe for a fruity, salsa that's perfect for dipping and pairs wonderfully with fish and seafood.
7 Roma tomatoes
½ red onion
1 bunch cilantro
1 pinch kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
¼ cup white sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 dash hot sauce (to taste)
- Cut the papaya in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Carefully remove the skin, cut into a small dice, and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the flesh away from the mango seed, then slice, remove the skin, and cut into a small dice. Add to the bowl.
- Remove the cores from the apples and dice (no need to peel). Add to the bowl and give everything a mix to help prevent the apples from browning.
- Dice the tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro and add to the bowl.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir in the vegetable oil, rice wine vinegar, and a dash of hot sauce.
- Juice the lemon into the bowl and mix well.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!