|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
Ha noi bun cha is a traditional Vietnamese dish found in fancy restaurants and street vendors alike. It consists of marinated and grilled meats that are served with rice vermicelli, veggies, and dipping sauce. This is a great way to introduce the fam to traditional Vietnamese cuisine!
3 ½ oz lean bacon, cut into ¾” thick pieces
3 ½ oz minced pork, shaped into small balls
2 tsp mushroom or chicken bouillon
1 ½ tsp honey
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp chopped spring onion
2 tsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp soybean oil
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp warm water
1 tbsp fish sauce
¼ tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 tsp bouillon, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp chopped green onion, 1 tsp chopped garlic, and 1 tbsp soybean oil.
- Add the lean bacon and let marinate for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 tsp bouillon, 1 tsp fish sauce, ½ tsp honey, 1 tsp garlic, and 1 tbsp soybean oil.
- Add the pork meatballs and let marinate for about 10 minutes.
- While the meats are marinating, preheat the grill or a large skillet. Grill the lean bacon and pork meatballs until golden brown and cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F.
- For the dipping sauce, whisk together the sugar, warm water, fish sauce, and salt, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Serve the grilled meats with lettuce leaves, fresh herbs, cooked rice noodles, shredded carrots, pickled green papaya, sweet chili sauce, and dipping sauce.