|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 7 mins||TOTAL TIME: 17 mins|
Sweet, cool, and refreshing, this Grilled Tomatillo Gazpacho with Watermelon and Grapes is filled with healthy ingredients and perfect for a hot summer day!
1 lb tomatillos, skins removed
8 slices ripe watermelon
½ cup green seedless grapes
½ jalapeño, seeds removed
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
2 cucumbers, seeds removed and roughly chopped
2 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled
¼ cup fresh basil
¼ cup fresh cilantro
¼ cup fresh Italian parsley
1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp dry sherry
Juice of ½ a lime
½ tsp chili lime salt (I used Tajin)
¼ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp white pepper
Halved cherry tomatoes
Grilled corn kernels
Chopped fresh herbs
Drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush the tomatillos, watermelon, grapes, and jalapeño with olive oil and grill for 5-7 minutes, until light grill marks form.
- Remove from the grill and allow to cool completely.
- Remove the watermelon from the rind and cube - you need about 4 cups.
- Place all ingredients except for the garnishes in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve in chilled bowls and top with desired garnishes. Enjoy!
Kick it up a notch - Add some Tequila for the best cocktail you've ever had!