|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
Impress your friends with this outrageously delicious recipe for Grilled Scallops with Carrot and Prosciutto inspired by Sebastian at Antic Grill in Bunyola!
1 cup cubed pumpkin
1 cup chopped carrots
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1-2 tbsp fresh orange juice
8 oz scallops, rinsed and trimmed
Thinly sliced prosciutto or Iberian ham
1 leek, rinsed and thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam the pumpkin and carrots for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the ginger and orange juice, then purée with an immersion blender until smooth. (You may need to add a bit more orange juice to reach a smooth consistency.)
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- While the pumpkin and carrots steam, caramelize the leeks: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sliced leeks and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often for 10-15 minutes, until the leeks are soft, golden brown, and caramelized. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Pat the scallops dry, season with salt, and place on a well oiled, preheated grill or grill pan.
- Cook the scallops for about 2 minutes (without touching them) then carefully flip and cook for another minute or two.
- To serve, place several individual spoonfuls of the purée onto a plate and top each with a seared scallop.
- Top each scallop with a slice of prosciutto or Iberian ham, and finish with a sprinkle of the caramelized leeks. Enjoy your masterpiece!