|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 30 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
4 tbsp chopped red onion
4 tbsp chopped cilantro
½ lb flank steak
6 chile Cascabel (sub with chile Ancho)
1 cup orange juice
½ tsp cumin powder
1 cup Oaxacan cheese shredded (sub with mozzarella)
½ cup refried black beans
½ cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
½ cup shredded carrot
1 cup roasted salsa
1 avocado slice
- Fry the chiles with seeds in olive oil just for a few minutes don’t burn because can make it bitter.
- Blend with the orange juice and the cumin powder.
- Marinate the flank steak in the mixture for at least 30 min.
- Spread the refried beans on top of the Tlayuda or corn tortilla
- Add cheese and cabbage, cilantro, onion ,carrot.
- Reheat the Tlayuda in the oven or grilled to get the cheese melted.
- Serve with roasted salsa and slices of avocado.