|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 1 hr||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 15 mins|
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ cup (1 stick) butter
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1 pinch Italian seasoning
Kitchen Shears (very sturdy, very sharp)
Microwave-safe liquid measuring cup
- Preheat the grill to 375°F.
- Tear off 4 sheets of foil about 18" long.
- Using your scissors, carefully cut the pointy tip off each leaf. (TIP: Watch the video for this technique.)
- Place the artichoke on a cutting board and cut the very top of it off.
- Then cut off the stem.
- While holding the artichoke, carefully cut the artichoke in half lengthwise.
- Remove the choke (fuzzy stuff in the center) using the tip of your knife.
- Carefully remove the purple inner leaves with your fingers and discard them.
- Be sure to remove any lingering little fuzzy hairs. (Use your knife to remove these.)
- Repeat the process with the remaining artichoke halves.
- Rinse the artichoke halves under cool water, making sure to get in and all around the leaves.
- Turn over and drain out the water.
- Set the halves aside.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and place in the measuring cup.
- Cut the butter into chunks and add to the measuring cup.
- Microwave the mixture for about 1 minute, or until melted. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Place each artichoke half on the center of a piece of foil.
- Drizzle about 1/4 of the garlic butter in the center and over the leaves of the artichoke half.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Wrap the foil around the artichoke.
- Repeat the process with the remaining halves.
- Place the foil packets on the top shelf of the preheated grill.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of the artichokes.
- When done, carefully remove the packets from the grill.
- Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice over each artichoke half. Enjoy as an appetizer or alongside your favorite main dish!