|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 45 mins|
Simply the best Gluten Free - Fried Chicken you will ever eat! Even if you don't have gluten or dairy allergies this fried chicken is crazy good!
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken legs
½ cup almond milk
2 cups Cup4Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (this flour has dairy in it, for dairy free, Bob's Red Mill 1to1 is a good option)
- Heat enough oil to 350ºF in an electric skillet or fryer to cover the chicken pieces.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half or strips. I cut mine in half in the pictures, but strips also work well. Generously salt and pepper the chicken. If using legs just salt and pepper them.
- Mix the eggs and milk beverage in a bowl, and place the flour in a separate bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the flour, then dip it in the egg mixture and then back in the flour to evenly coat each piece. Place the coated pieces on a sheet pan as you work and while you wait for the oil to come to temperature.
- Place chicken pieces in the hot oil and cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170°F on an instant read thermometer (your best friend while cooking meat). Flipping halfway through. It took about 25 minutes for a half chicken breast. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and place it on a paper towel lined platter. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Note: Chicken legs take about 10 mins to cook with only 3-4 in the pot at a time... Cook separately from the chicken breast. Do them in batches so the heat of the oil stays at 350°F. Too much chicken in the oil will reduce the heat and make your chicken soggy oily. You want them crispy!
Recipe adapted from: Go Dairy Free