|YIELDS: 10 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 50 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 5 mins|
½ cup olive oil
½ cup whole milk
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups + 2 tbsp almond flour
½ cup + 3 tbsp gluten-free oat flour
¾ cup cane sugar
1 ½ tbsp matcha powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp kosher salt
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup powdered sugar + more for dusting
1 tsp vanilla extract
Glass measuring cup
8” cake pan
- In a small glass bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the olive oil, milk, and poppy seeds. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8" cake pan with olive oil and line the bottom with a round of parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla into the milk mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, sugar, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and cake springs back when poked. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the topping, use a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or a hand mixer to whip the heavy cream together with the sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Use a fine mesh sieve to lightly dust the cake with powdered sugar. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle of olive oil, if desired. Enjoy!