|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
Who doesn't love snacks on a stick?! These homemade, mini corn dogs have a slightly sweet, golden crust and are gluten free!
1 package hotdogs
½ cup yellow cornmeal
½ cup Cup4Cup gluten free flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
⅛ tsp salt
½ cup whole milk
Vegetable oil, for frying
Instant read thermometer
- Pat the hotdogs dry, cut in half and insert a lollipop stick into the cut side.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, gluten free flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Transfer the batter to a tall glass to make it easier to dip.
- Add about 4" of oil to a large, heavy bottomed pot and heat on medium-high until the oil reaches 360°F.
- Dip each hotdog into the batter until it's fully coated, shake off any excess, and carefully lower into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes, then transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with the remaining hotdogs.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, or your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Note: You can use regular, all purpose flour if you don't want to use gluten free.