|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 1 hr 20 mins||COOK TIME: 8 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 28 mins|
8 oz fresh lump crabmeat
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp minced garlic
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp dried thyme
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ cup parsley chopped
½ cup almond flour blanched finely ground
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup scoop
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the egg with a fork. Mix in the crabmeat. Mix well with a fork, pressing on the crab meat with the fork and breaking up any large pieces.
- Mix in the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, kosher salt, thyme, and cayenne pepper. Then Mix in the parsley and the almond flour.
- Use a 1/4-cup scoop to portion out six portions of the mixture. Use your hands to form the portions into six 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Place the crab cakes on a platter lined with wax paper. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Add the crab cakes. Cook them for about 4 minutes without moving, until you can see on the edges that the bottoms are browned.
- Carefully, using two spatulas, flip the crab cakes. Very gently press on their tops to slightly flatten, then cook on the other side until browned, about 3-4 more minutes. Remove them to a plate lined with paper towels, then serve.