GLUTEN FREE CINNAMON ROLLS
|YIELDS: 12 Servings||PREP TIME: 30 mins||COOK TIME: 18 mins||TOTAL TIME: 48 mins|
Early morning treat or late night snack! Everyone loves cinnamon rolls! Do you like yours baked or deep fried? This recipe is so easy to make, I bet you have all the ingredients in your cupboard too!
1 ½ cups warm water
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1 package active dry yeast
3 oz unsalted butter, melted
2 ½ tsp kosher salt
4 ½ cups Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour
2 cups light brown sugar
2 cups raisins
1 cup confectioners sugar
¼ cup water
1 ½ qts peanut or canola oil
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the water, sugar, yeast, and butter. Mix with a dough hook until well combined. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and flour and mix on low until combined. Increase speed to medium and continue kneading until the dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. (If the dough appears too wet, add flour, one tablespoon at a time.) Place the dough on a flat surface and knead into a ball.
- Lightly oil the mixing bowl, place the dough inside, and turn to coat with oil. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- For baked cinnamon rolls, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll each piece into a long rope about 1/2" diameter.
- Sprinkle some brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins the entire length of the dough. Roll them up and place them in a greased glass baking dish.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, turning the pan halfway for even browning.
- Pull out of the oven and let sit for 3-5 mins to cool down a bit. Top with the sugar glaze. Enjoy!
- For fried cinnamon rolls, preheat oil to 350-360°F in a medium sized pot. Filling it up high enough to cover each cinnamon roll.
- Follow the same instructions for assembly above (without the greased baking dish of course). Place each roll on the seam side on parchment paper so they don't stick
- Put 2-3 rolls in the hot oil at a time. You don't want to over crowd.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove from oil and put on a plate with paper towels to absorb the grease. Let sit for 3-5 mins to cool down a bit. Put on a plate or serving dish and top with the sugar glaze.
- Eat em up!