|YIELDS: 12 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 25 mins||TOTAL TIME: 35 mins|
To die for cinnamon apple muffins with a crunchy, brown sugar topping. Simple, tasty, you won't believe they're gluten free!
2 ¼ cups gluten free flour (I like Cup4Cup brand)
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups brown sugar
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups cubed Granny Smith apples
⅓ cup gluten-free flour
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, egg, and buttermilk until smooth.
- Stir in the apples.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the apple mixture and stir until just combined.
- Scoop the batter, by the 1/4 cupful, into your prepared muffin tin.
- To make the topping, mix together the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon, then stir in the melted butter and mix until crumbly.
- Generously sprinkle the topping onto the muffins and pat lightly to adhere.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.