5. Sprinkle a little pepper evenly over the fish.
6. In a bowl, mix together the miso bean paste, brown sugar, and minced ginger.
7. Slowly pour the soy sauce into the mixture until it becomes thick and paste-like. (TIP: You may not use all of the soy sauce. Aim for paste-like consistency, not too thin or soupy. It needs to "stick" to the fish.)
8. Coat the fish with the glaze with a thick layer. (Try to keep it on top of the fish.)
9. Place the pan in the oven (center rack) and cook for 10 minutes.
10. Take the salmon out of the oven and raise the rack one level higher (closer to the broiler, but not all the way up).
11. Turn the oven on to broil.
12. Place pan back in the oven for a couple minutes, until the glaze is bubbly and golden. (TIP: Check the fish regularly. The glaze can burn easily.)
13. Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite veggies or sides.
14. Serve and enjoy!