|YIELDS: 3 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
This ginger steamed fish is tender, flaky, and bursting with flavor. So simple to prepare! Can't get your hands on any Hawaiian red snapper? Try it with grouper, halibut, or sea bass!
4 green onion stalks, sliced on the diagonal
1 small bunch cilantro, cut into sprigs
- Fill the bottom of a tiered steamer (or a large pot with a steamer insert) with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Place the cleaned ehu in an attractive, heat-proof serving dish. Season with Hawaiian salt and arrange the julienned ginger on top of the fish.
- Place the plate of fish in the steamer and steam for 20 minutes. (Check the water occasionally to make sure that the steamer doesn't boil dry.
- While the fish is steaming, combine the soy sauce and oyster sauce in a small bowl.
- Remove the fish from the steamer. Pour the soy sauce/oyster sauce over the fish and garnish with the green onions and cilantro.
- Heat the macadamia nut oil in a small saucepan over high heat. When the oil has just started to smoke, carefully drizzle it over the fish. Serve immediately.