|YIELDS: 3 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
1 tbsp julienned ginger
1 tsp Hawaiian salt
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp macadamia nut oil
1 tsp oyster sauce
4 green onion stalks, sliced on the diagonal
1 small bunch cilantro, cut into sprigs
- Fill the bottom of a tiered steamer (or a large pot with a steamer insert) with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Place the cleaned ehu in an attractive, heat-proof serving dish. Season with Hawaiian salt and arrange the julienned ginger on top of the fish.
- Place the plate of fish in the steamer and steam for 20 minutes. (Check the water occasionally to make sure that the steamer doesn't boil dry.
- While the fish is steaming, combine the soy sauce and oyster sauce in a small bowl.
- Remove the fish from the steamer. Pour the soy sauce/oyster sauce over the fish and garnish with the green onions and cilantro.
- Heat the macadamia nut oil in a small saucepan over high heat. When the oil has just started to smoke, carefully drizzle it over the fish. Serve immediately.