|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 8 mins||TOTAL TIME: 13 mins|
Fried eggplant just like mom used to make! We loved it then and we still love it now! Crisp on the outside, perfectly tender on the inside. Can even be made gluten-free by using gluten-free breadcrumbs!
- Remove the skin from the eggplant and cut the eggplant into 1/4" slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the eggplant slices to the egg mixture and let them soak for 10-20 minutes, flipping halfway to ensure every side is coated.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a large, shallow dish and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Test the oil by dropping a pinch of the breadcrumbs into it. If it immediately begins to sizzle, the oil is ready. (Cooking the eggplant in oil that is too cold will result in soggy eggplant.)
- Transfer one slice of eggplant into the breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
- Drop the eggplant into the hot oil and repeat with the remaining slices.
- Cook the eggplant for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup - just like mom used to! (It's good, trust me.)