|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 1 hr 40 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 55 mins|
Roasted duck doesn't have to be fussy and complicated. With a few easy steps and about 90 minutes in the oven, you can have a delectable duck with crispy skin and tender, juicy meat! A treat for the whole family!
1 3-5 lb duck
6 cloves garlic
1 bunch scallions
1 can beer
- The day before roasting the duck, rinse the duck well, pluck any remaining hairs, and generously salt the duck. Refrigerate overnight.
- The morning of roasting, rinse the duck well to remove the salt and pat dry. Refrigerate until about an hour before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Remove from the fridge an hour before roasting then tie up the legs and stuff the cavity with scallions.
- Place the duck on a roasting rack over a sheet pan and rub the skin all over with garlic. Pour the beer all over the duck and add a bit of water to the bottom pan. Thinly slice the garlic and place on top of the duck.
- Roast at 500°F for 7 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 300°F and continue roasting for about 1 1/2 hours, until an internal temperature of 150°F is reached in the breast.