|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 3 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 13 mins|
Poached eggs in a bubbly, roasted marinara sauce. Eggs in Purgatory is a one pan meal that's great for breakfast, brunch or dinner!
2 cups roasted marinara sauce
Grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Truffle oil, for drizzling (optional)
- For the roasted marinara, preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the quartered tomatoes and onion onto a large baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer everything to a large bowl.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until mostly smooth. (Alternatively, you can transfer everything to a blender and blend until mostly smooth.)
- To prepare the eggs, preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease two individual baking dishes/ramekins.
- Pour about 1 cup of roasted marinara into each baking dish then carefully crack an egg into the center of the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the dishes on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven to bake until the egg white is cooked but the yolk is still runny.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with truffle oil (if desired).
- Serve with toast and enjoy!