|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
This epic sandwich has a little bit of everything! Part BLT, part eggplant parmesan on toasty ciabatta, with some chipotle mayo and pickles thrown in for good measure!
1 medium eggplant
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 slices thick cut bacon
½ cup goat cheese
4 ciabatta rolls
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/2" thick slices and place on a large baking sheet along with the sliced mushrooms.
- Drizzle both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the mushrooms with some olive oil and season as well.
- Roast everything for 25-30 minutes, until nicely browned and softened.
- To assemble, toast the ciabatta rolls.
- Place a slice of eggplant and some mushrooms onto the bottom bun and top with some warm marinara sauce and crumbled goat cheese.
- Next, add a couple slices of bacon, a couple of tomato slices. Drizzle with chipotle mayo.
- Top with some baby spinach, cucumber slices, and pickles.
- Place the top of the bun on and dig in!