|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 8 mins||COOK TIME: 35 mins||TOTAL TIME: 43 mins|
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 pounds asparagus ends trimmed and chopped
2 medium Yukon gold potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
4 cups vegetable broth
1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
1 lemon juiced
Grilled bread, for serving
Chives, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and roast for 10-15 minutes until the asparagus slightly softens.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, then cook with the onions and garlic for a few minutes. Pour the vegetable broth and almond milk, bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the roasted asparagus into the pot. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it’s smooth and creamy. You can also do this in batches in a blender.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve with grilled bread and chives, if desired.