DOUBLE CUT PORK CHOPS WITH MARIONBERRY SAUCE AND SWEET POTATO-PARSNIP MASH
|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 50 mins|
Giant, juicy pork chops with a sweet and tangy marionberry-blackberry sauce served on a bed of mashed sweet potato and parsnip. On the side, we've got roasted broccolini with garlic. And to start, sautéed shishito peppers. This meal is to die for, folks!
3 double cut, pork loin chops
½ cup marionberry-blackberry preserves
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp champagne vinegar
⅓ cup chicken bone broth
1 bunch broccolini
1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pinches maldon salt
Sweet Potato-Parsnip Mash
6 parsnips, peeled and chopped
1 Japanese sweet potato, peeled and chopped
10 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed and chopped
1 cup chicken bone broth
1 cup water
1 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 pinch salt
1 lb shishito peppers
2 tbsp olive oil
1 pinch maldon salt
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- For the sweet potato-parsnip mash, place the chopped sweet potato and parsnips in the steamer basket of an Instant Pot. Pour in the chicken broth and water and add the chopped thyme. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the steamer basket and dump the sweet potato and parsnips into a large bowl. Add the ghee, olive oil, and salt and mash well with a potato masher.
- Add the coconut milk and continue mashing until desired level of creaminess is reached.
- For the roasted broccolini, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss the broccolini with the leeks, garlic, olive oil, and salt.
- Transfer everything to a baking sheet and drizzle with a touch more olive oil.
- Roast for 12 minutes then stir and continue roasting for a few more minutes, until the broccoli is slightly tender and browned.
- For the pork chops, season the pork chops with salt and pepper and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a large, heavy pan over high heat until smoking hot. Add the avocado oil and sear the chops for several minutes on each side.
- Remove the pan from heat and spoon the preserves over the pork chops. Return to heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes then flip and continue simmering for another 5-10 minutes. Remove the pork chops from the pan and let rest.
- Pour any juices from the pork chops back into the pan along with the champagne vinegar and chicken broth. Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes, until it has reduced by about 1/3.
- For the shishito pepper, heat a large, heavy pan for 5-6 minutes until very hot.
- Add the olive oil and shishito peppers. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and season with salt. Continue sautéing until the peppers are softened and slightly charred.