|YIELDS: 2 Servings
|PREP TIME: 15 mins
|COOK TIME: 2 hrs
|TOTAL TIME: 2 hrs 15 mins
Super thick pork chops smoked then seared and topped with apple brandy compote. My wife said these were magnificent and she does not hand out compliments lightly!
- For the apple brandy compote, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about an hour. Stirring occasionally.
- Generously season your pork chops with Asian Persuasion and Casanova's Competition dry rubs (or use your favorite rubs).
- Smoke at 250°F until an internal temperature of 120°F is reached.
- Remove from the smoker and let stand for about 25 minutes.
- Heat the bacon fat in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the bacon fat is very hot, sear the pork chops for several minutes on each side, until an internal temperature of 138°F is reached.
- Let the pork chops rest for a few minutes then top with plenty of apple brandy compote and serve!