|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 40 mins||TOTAL TIME: 50 mins|
Pork loin seasoned with dijon mustard and honey rib rub, served with a cranberry sauce that gets a bit of a kick from jalapeño peppers!
Jalapeño Cranberry Sauce
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely diced
½ tsp kosher salt
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
½ cup water
½ tsp orange zest
12 oz fresh cranberries
- Preheat smoker or oven to 375°F.
- Rub the pork loin with dijon mustard then apply the honey rib rub to coat. Be generous with the rub.
- Smoke or bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes, until the pork loin reaches 145°F internal temp.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into 1-inch medallions.
- While the pork loin roasts, prepare the cranberry sauce: In a large saucepan, combine the diced jalapeños, salt, brown sugar, white sugar, orange juice, water, and orange zest.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then add the cranberries.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring periodically. (The cranberries will burst open while cooking.)
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Smother the sliced pork loin in the jalapeño cranberry sauce before serving.