|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME:10 mins||COOK TIME: 40 mins||TOTAL TIME: 50 mins|
Lamb curry like you have never had before! A traditional curry dish from Kenya, the flavors from the spices are out of this world. You need to make this!
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 sweet onion chopped
1 red pepper chopped into small sections
1 tbsp fresh ginger , finely chopped
Fresh chili pepper to your taste
1 can peeled and chopped tomatoes
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp pilau mix, ground
2 lbs boneless lamb leg, cut into small cubes
Pilau Masala Mix
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp black pepper
¼ tsp ground cloves
- Fry the onions and garlic until softened, add the ground pilau mix and stir until you can smell the aroma of the spices.
- Add curry powder, green pepper, ginger and chili. Stir well for about 5-10 mins.
- Add the peeled tomatoes and keep stirring at a medium temperature adding the crushed stock cube slowly. Leave to simmer.
- While this is cooking take another pan and sear of the lamb – browning the outside of it. Once this is done add to the pot and let it cook for 30-40 mins or until it is tender and fully cooked.
- We recommend serving this with either coconut rice, or onion rice and condiments (we serve mango, desiccated coconut, fresh onion, fresh tomato, fresh chili in oil and homemade chutneys)
- For the Pilau Masala, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. (You'll have extra left over.)
Tip: If possible use a spice grinder to grind the spices yourself, the flavors will pop more.