|YIELDS: 16 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 0 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp cinnamon
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
¼ cup turbinado sugar, for dusting
- Place the dates in a small bowl, cover with hot water, and let soak for about 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Place the soaked dates in a food processor and pulse several times to form a paste.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Pulse 3 or 4 times.
- Add 1 tablespoon warm water and pulse several more times. If the mixture seems dry, add another tablespoon of warm water and pulse. Continue pulsing until the mixture is smooth and forms a ball.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine the cocoa powder and turbinado sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Scoop the truffle mixture by the teaspoonful and shape into balls using your palms. (If the mixture is too sticky to roll, refrigerate until chilled.)
- Dust the balls in the cocoa/sugar mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.