|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
A healthy alternative to frying! Super crispy, baked cod sandwiches with a spicy and smokey chipotle mayo. The panko gives it a nice crunchy outside while keeping the fish moist and tender on the inside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the chipotle mayo. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- Place the panko in a shallow bowl and season with the salt and paprika. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and dijon mustard.
- If using a large piece of cod, cut 1 lb of it into 4 evenly sized pieces. Pat the fish dry with paper towels, dip into the egg mixture, then the panko mixture.
- Place the filets on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. (The fish is ready when it easily flakes when pierced with the tip of a paring knife.)
- Smear the chipotle mayo onto the toasted buns, and top with the cod and pickle slices.