|YIELDS: 12 Servings
|PREP TIME: 5 mins
|COOK TIME: 15 mins
|TOTAL TIME: 20 mins
Rich and buttery toffee topped with chocolate and almonds! This Chocolate-Almond Butter Toffee is perfect for munching on during the holidays and makes a great homemade Christmas gift!
- Line a shallow baking dish with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Place a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat and add the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Heat the mixture, stirring continuously, until it reaches 300°F. (You'll need to use a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature.)
- Once it's reached 300°F swirl the mixture to fully combine the ingredients then pour the mixture into the prepared pan and allow to cool to room temperature.
- While the mixture cools, toast the sliced almonds in a dry pan until lightly golden.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave (on med-high heat for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval).
- Spread the melted chocolate over the toffee once it has cooled then sprinkle the toasted almonds over the top.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, break the toffee into irregular pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from: Edible Marin & Wine Country Magazine